WHAT SETS US APART
Have we met?
You may already know iForward, even if you don't recognize our name. Part of the award-winning Grantsburg School District, we've been offering Wisconsin students a better way to learn since 2002: first, as Grantsburg Virtual School, then as the Insight School of Wisconsin.
Now we're iForward-and more than our name has changed.
We returned to our nonprofit roots* in 2012, and the "students first" philosophy that has always set us apart. For the first time, we are enrolling middle school students who want the challenge and flexibility of an individualized iForward education. In addition, we've added a suite of new career prep courses designed to offer students real college credits and a head start on life after graduation.
Forward. It's been Wisconsin's motto since 1851, and forward is where our school is headed today.
Our time line
- 2002: The Grantsburg Virtual School is founded by a team of experienced educators and instructional designers who believed that technology can create transformative learning experiences.
- 2003: Our first graduation ceremony.
- 2007: The school is restructured and relaunches as Insight School of Wisconsin. Insight becomes one of Wisconsin's first full-time online schools.
- 2010: We enroll our 2,595th student.
- 2012: To provide local accountability and create a more customized, higher-quality educational experience for students, Grantsburg School District reassumes all management of its online charter school. Renamed iForward, the school adds a middle school curriculum and new career prep course offerings.
Wisconsin DPI Report Card
Here is iForward's Report Card for the 2013-2014 School Year, issued by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
*iForward, Wisconsin's Online Charter School, is solely operated by the Grantsburg School District. iForward is not affiliated in any way with a for-profit national education partner.